Monday 22 December 2014

Brains over boobs

Karen in Will&Grace described her ideal date "Someone who likes kittens and the hardcore bondage scene". We all have conscious and unconscious preferences of what we're looking for on a date. At least we know what we don't want.

Today I saw on my FB feed an updated relationship status. A guy I went for a date little over a month ago was announcing he is in a serious relationship with this cute chick. It's serious if it's in FB, ofc. Good for him! was my first thought. Then the second thought came. The nasty little snake squirmed in to my mind. Fuck him and his happiness.


What is it with loveydovey stuff? I'm completely content with my life. Happy even. But when I see someone sharing the love with that special significant other, I get jealous and angry that I don't have that in my life. Would be nice to have someone in my life that I could share special moments, introduce him to my circles as a meaningful person and do ickylove stuff with. Even though I've been enjoying the idea that if I ever again start dating someone seriously, I would like to still live on my own. I don't like to live alone and that's why flatmates are working so well with me, but living with the person you love and make love... I just wouldn't want to bring too much everyday life to that.


But to achieve some kind of loveydovey-fuck-that-happiness, one needs to go on a date. And it's not just about what you're looking for, it's also what the other person is looking for.


It's unbelievably hard to get those two Is it better -games to work with each other. And if you find a person you like and who likes you back then there's also the are you in same place in life.

Or when everything else matches up, your friends don't approve.

(I've been waiting for so long to use this one.)

When I was going to the last date that I had, few of my friends kept saying "Luci, not on the first date, okay?". I guess my reputation exceeds me. And let me tell you, talking about it doesn't make me do it (all the time).

Why you shouldn't have sex on the first date is pretty simple. It excludes the anticipation. And also sex complicates everything. If you go on a date with a stranger, have sex with them and then try to figure out what you are to each other... My brain hurts even from thinking about that scenario.


So my advice to the single people out there is: Go on dates. You're not gonna meet anyone by sitting at home. Don't put out on the first date. Then you at least have something to look forward on the second or third or maybe thirtieth date. Also, always choose a public place. There are many ways to stay safe out there, not just by bringing condoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment