Thursday 15 May 2014

Monsters Inc.

Today I woke up with a weird mix of two songs in my head.

The first one is kinda obvious because I'm going out of town tomorrow and always when I'm excited this song plays:


The other one was a bit trickier. I do love the movie where this is from. Seen it like a thousand time. Today I realised why I love it so much. Not just because of the monsters. And damn monsters are cool! But because of the love story. For all my life I've been looking for some kind of Beauty&Beast -scenario thinking I would find my monster one day. Why I idealise long-haired metal guys. But I've always wondered why I end up with the utter most normal guys. The geeks.

I thought it was because I'm somewhat geekish myself too. But today it hit me. I'm not looking for a monster in my life. I AM THE MONSTER in this story. I am the beast. The unique, weird creature that needs to be looked deep inside to find the goodness of the heart.

I wasn't looking for a monster all this time. I was looking for the Belle, the ordinary. The human. Someone who could teach me the ways of the mortals. Because I don't know how myself.

I'm the freaking monster. The vampire girl, the Hulk, the troll under the bridge. I'm the one with the spells and curses.

Why did it take me so many years to realise?

After this revelation, do I still keep looking for the monster on the surface and the commoner on reality? Do I fit better with another monster or is there an epic love story waiting for me somewhere?

I'm the problem.


Solve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment