Sunday 11 May 2014

Desert island

It's so quiet, yet I'm surrounded by noise. 

But the noises fade to background and all I can hear is how quiet it is. Only my own breath, my own movements, my own shadow. I don't know what to do.

Did I just see a shadow coming towards me? Can I hear sounds of other people in the wind? Does my phone even work anymore...

I'm alone on an island.

I have food supplies to last until someone comes to save me, I hope.

The smell of the ocean...

Even from behind the bars I can see the sun moving slowly. It wont be dark in a while.

I sing quietly to cover the silence.

I'm too stressed to read the old dusty books I have with me. I decide to concentrate on the plan. Step by step, I know what I have to do.

I wish there was someone to talk to. 

I'm thankful for the light. It can be dark in this pit. In the darkness everything changes. The sounds, the wind, my own breathing. Who knows what lurks in shadows.

Patiently I stare out, out to the sun or the rain. Wishing and hoping someone to come, praying. It's been hours and I've only seen a shadow of a man.

The clock is ticking. Ticking away desperatly.

This day too, will come to an end.

And when the end comes, I will find my keys, lock up the museum and go home.
Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to keep a museum filled with technology open on a mother's day anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment