Tuesday 4 February 2014

Love sees no color

We all have our standards for beauty. I've always liked dark-haired, brown-eyed, maybe little pale guys. The thing that puzzles me though is that every guy I've had a relationship has been a blond with green or grey eyes. I think the times I've ever even kissed a brown-haired guys are countable by two fingers.

I was out on a date with this blond guy couple of days ago. He seemed nice and many ways reminded me of my ex. I'm not really sure is that a good or a bad thing, but apparently I have some features that reminded him of his ex. We ended up briefly talking about being attracted to same kind of people most of the time.

Makes me wonder is it a vicious cycle to date guys that are quite similar, in my case blond, geekish and very fond of thinking differently. Have I been so close, yet so far all this time or just way off? Should I break the cycle and find a guy who is more to my standards of ideal guy or poke and see if the kind of a guy I usually end up with is the one for me after all?


I'm not quite sure if we really truly choose who we end up falling in love with, but there certainly is a threshold. A point you know that will lead towards deeper feelings if you cross it. And the choice is yours. Most of the time I think we willingly cross it, even though we know it most likely ends up badly. Ends up in listening to sad music, bad dreams and heartaches.

But we keep crossing the threshold. Because we would do anything for love (except that one thing, ofc).


Because there's no better feeling than feeling love and being loved.
It's risky, but we can't have it if we don't try.

No comments:

Post a Comment