Sunday 5 January 2014

Captains log, day 1

My game time expired this morning and because I couldn't sleep last night, I didn't wake up early enough to see it end. That means I better get more time before my mails get sent back to the sender. And the sender would be the auction house. And that sure would be waste of pennies.

I promised you guys a longer post later, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get to finish that one. I think about it at night when I try to sleep but when the morning comes, all the ideas has flown away like birds facing the coldness of winter. Or when I sit down to write them, they don't come out as I thought.

Instead of those things I've also been thinking about games we play. When my friends asks me if they should say this and that to a person they like or send them a message on facebook or ask them to befriend them in any social media platform or when they ask me what did some person mean by saying that and saying so, I usually encourage my friends to do as they please and stop playing games. Life is so much simpler if everyone would just do as they want when it comes to liking someone. And again this doesn't exclude friendships.

If you want to be someones friend in facebook, just add them.
If you want to tell someone you like them, just go ahead and do it. What's the worst thing could happen?
You want to blame someone for not being there for you when you needed help, again, people are not mind readers, just ask for help.

Do what you feel like doing. If it doesn't harm you or others around you, you'll be much happier living easy and simpler life by not playing games.

So much easier said than done, am I right?

You can keep asking and asking, but if the other person answers differently than he (or she, I'm still not going to do that crap) acts, which should we trust the most? Or what if the person you ask keeps changing his answer or actions? When comes the point that it's better to protect yourself from future harm and just cut them out of your life? How do you know when the person is truly worth all the drama he causes in your head?

I tend to keep my eyes and ears open all the time. That makes me play much more games that I would like to. And I know how irritating it is, because I have a friend who does the same. Everything that comes out of his mouth is intended, it means something and your words and actions are being monitored and valued. Usually only way to pass is being honest. He can smell if I try to hide something and is very persistent digging what ever that is out.

In friendships it's easier to let the little reactions slip and still like the other person, but is it so easy when it comes to people you likelike? You wish they would react in some way to your actions or answers or questions, but what if they don't? How many times you are willing to play the game before you give up?

I'm missing my WoW friends already even though I can reach most of them through FB, Skype or Steam. It's so weird to miss people you've never actually met. But I guess that shows the virtual connection can be strong too. Don't underestimate the power of minds connecting when it comes to virtual worlds or internet. Because this is truly the place where your words means more than your age, weight or style.

No comments:

Post a Comment